Extra Extra CoarseAggressive edge repair when bringing a tool back from what looks like the end of life - a safe alternative to powered grinding.
Recommended for extreme stock removal to repair a much damaged edge or to quickly change a bevel angle. This grit is a safe alternative to power grinding, cutting quickly without heat build-up that can ruin tool temper. Unless the stone is designated Dia-Flat ®, do not use for lapping. Size: 120 micron (120 mesh). Color code: silver.
Extra CoarseUse to rapidly repair damaged or real rough edge.
Recommended for aggressive removal of metal on damaged tool or for heavy-duty outdoor tools such as axes and Iawn mower blades. This grit is commonly used as the first step in flattening the backs of chisels and plane irons and for rapid stock removal from a chipped or damaged edge. Unless the stone is designated Dia-Flat ® do not use for lapping. Size 60 micron (220 mesh). Color code: black.
CoarseTransforms a dull edge to cutting condition.
Quickly restores a dull edge to cutting sharp. Customers that desire cutting fast action without worry of edge refinement often use our coarse models. Unless the stone is designated Dia-Flat ®, do not use for lapping. Size: 45 micron (325 mesh). Color code: blue.
FineUse to put a great edge on slightly dull knives or tools
Restores to a fine edge any knife or tool that is slightly dull. Many of our customers consider the fine grit to be a medium/all purpose sharpener. Professional Chefs and gourmet cooks work through to our finer grit models. For woodworkers and sportsman who are stepping through the grits, it's edge refinement step done before micro beveling and polishing. Size: 25 micron (600 mesh). Color code: red.
Extra FineGives everything a polished and razor sharp edge.
Refine knife or tool edge to razor sharp perfection.
Size: 9 micron (1200 mesh). Color code: green.
Extra Extra FineFor the edge enthusiast who wants the ultimate edge.
Provides the finest grade micronized bonded diamond abrasive available anywhere for the ultimate edge refinement, achieving quick stock removal with millions of diamond cutting edges. Prior to break-in, using the extra-extra find diamond will result in a matte to shiney finish (scratch pattern evident) on your edge or bevel; once fully broken in, you will achieve a lusterous finished edge. Size: 3 micron (8000 mesh). Color code: tan.
Hardcoat™ Surface Sharpeners
© 2020 Acme United Corporation. All Rights Reserved
- Double Sided Sharpener-fine/x-fine$53.79
- Portable and lightweight with convenient fold & go handles which enclose and protect the diamond whetstone when not in use
- Double sided: Hardcoat™ Extra-Fine diamond to polish and refine an edge and Hardcoat™ Fine diamond for hone any blade or chisel to a razor sharp edge
- Continuous surface ideal for small or pointed edges
- Sharpens knives faster than conventional stones with DMT's micronized monocrystalline diamond surface
- No oils needed, sharpen dry or with water
Size: 4.33 in. x 0.25 in. x 0.25 in.BUY ON DMT STOREOut of stock8-in. DuoSharp Bench Stone - Extra-Fine / Fine Hardcoat Surface with Base$151.69BUY ON DMT STORE
- Easy counter or bench use with larger, wider diamond surface for sharpening a variety of knives and edges
- Two sided bench stone with Hardcoat™ extra-fine to polish and refine a razor edge after sharpening with a coarser diamond and Hardcoat™ fine diamond for honing a razor sharp edge
- Sharpens faster than conventional stones with DMT's micronized monocrystalline diamond surface and designed to hold up to the rigors for ceramic blade sharpening
- No oil needed, sharpen dry or with water